Looking for a new hobby to shake off the Winter blues? Well, moving and shaking might be just the boost you need. While you may have never considered taking ballroom dance classes, you might find your joy through the doors of a ballroom studio. By learning some new steps and committing to your beginner dance classes, you can experience a wide variety of benefits. The following are just some of the ways that these classes can improve your life and well being overall.
- Stress Reduction: Dance is a great way to let all of your stress melt away. While you are in the dance studio, you can focus on your movements and steps rather than external stressors. Then you can carry these positive emotions outside of your lessons and experience a heightened sense of calm overall.
- Fitness: A 150 pound person burns 240 calories per hour while dancing. This type of exercise improves your cardiovascular health and tones muscle,
and you won’t even realize that you’re exercising.
- Improved Memory: Your dance lessons require you to memorize steps, boosting your memory overall. Even if this task proves difficult at first, you might find that you’re able to pick up new dances like a pro in no time at all.
- Social Opportunities: Adult dance classes might present a fun social opportunity for couples and individuals. As you get to know your dance classmates, they might become friends outside of class. Friends in class will also give you all the more reason to stick to your lessons.
- Boosted Confidence: When you master a dance and show off your moves, you will feel simply amazing. This boosted confidence can carry you out of the ballroom studio and into your life. You will carry yourself taller and feel more amazing than ever before.
While you might be hesitating to take the leap and sign up for your lessons, there are so many benefits to look forward to. Showing up for the first class is the most difficult part. After that, you will be hooked. Less than 5% of adults participate in 30 minutes of physical activity each week and only one in three get enough weekly activity, but dance could be the exercise your body needs to feel incredible.