Interested in learning about advertising’s latest trend? Video marketing is the next big thing and more companies are opts for Internet users to watch how their product is beneficial instead of read about it being beneficial.
But what is video marketing? This type of advertising allows users to not only watch a video about your product (instead of read about it) but also allows them to comment on the advertisement and generate attention pertaining to your company.
Small businesses who don’t opt to include video promotion for their products could be jeopardizing their company in the long run because within the next five year, video marketing is expected to comprise of one third of all advertising spending worldwide.
If you aren’t already convinced to step up your advertising game by using marketing videos, hopefully this list of reasons why you need it will help.
- All of your customers watch online videos, and these videos stay accessible on the world wide web for a very, very long time, which means they are a cost effective way to advertise. Promote your product out there using video blogs, funny viral videos, promos, ads, etc. Anything your heart desires!
- You may not like what you are about to hear, but your competition is doing it. Everyone is doing it — digital video production, that is. Because videos have the potential to go viral, your business competitors have a leg up on you when it comes to Internet visibility and showing up on the front page of a search results list.
- It goes hand in hand with SEO marketing. In fact, it is a form of SEO marketing. Consumers will be searching for your product and if a video pops up in the results, they will be most likely to click it, especially if it has the description or name of your product in the video title.
- Think about the benefits of social media when it comes to video promotion. Most Internet users have some sort of social media account (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and are more likely to share a clickable, interesting video with their friends. To give you an idea of how easy it would be to promote you product via media, more than 500 years’ worth of YouTube videos are watched every day on Facebook.
- Web video production will end up entertaining as well as informing your customers. It is difficult these days to keep a customer on a web page full of lengthy text, so why not embed a How To video on your product instead? Your clients will be able to get a better understanding about your company and what you are trying to promote, whereas text can often be misleading or confusing.
These five reasons are just the tip of the iceberg in understanding the importance of video marketing. But hopefully you will hop on the bandwagon soon and see your numbers soar. Who knows, you may even be able to watch a video about video marketing! Read more like this.